Tips to keep your fur coat perfect!
We showed you how to storage your wonderful fur coat. Now, you’ll find how to “behave” with your dear glamorous “friend”:
1. Do not leave jewelry pinned to your coat as it can mat the fur. Wear it on your coat and, then, put it at its place. Small jewelries cannot stay near to the furry ones.
2. When wearing your coat, do not use a shoulder bag consistently because it can wear away the fur and leave a bald spot.
3. Wearing a scarf around your neck will prevent body soil and make-up from soiling your coat.
4. Avoid using hairspray or perfume when wearing your coat. The formulas of most brands contain alcohol, which can dry the hides. Any oils may penetrate the fur and eventually become rancid. The odor is nearly impossible to remove.
5. When sitting for a long period, remove your coat in order to avoid crushing the fur. If you cannot remove the coat, try to change positions often so that the fur is not kept in one spot repeatedly. If possible, remove your coat and use it more like a blanket in your lap.
6. If you are caught in a light rain or snow, simply shake it out and remove as much water as possible. Hang it to dry in a well-ventilated room. Do not use a hair dryer, clothes dryer or any direct heat on the fur. After it is dry, shake again to fluff the fur – do not comb or brush – simply smooth the fur with your hand.
7. If your coat gets completely soaked with water, you should call us immediately.
8. Your coat should be cleaned every year by a professional fur cleaner – not a dry cleaner. Even if you do not wear it often, animal fur gathers dust, oils and odors. In our Fur Spa, you can find the ultimate fur cleaning, detailed hair and lining cleaning.
Scouring fur hair
Removal of broken ends & volume increase of healthy hair
Also, we recommend for you our special gloss service
9. If you want your fur coat to be repaired
If you notice any small holes or tears on your coat, it is important to get them repaired as soon as possible. These small issues could quickly turn into large problems if you do not get the proper treatment.